Although this Maymon Tubing Set is designed for Medela freestyle pump, however it also could be used Medela Swing Pump by replacing the ends in the package
Use this kit to convert Medela Swing Pump into a double pump. Pump not included.
• 1. Please replace two yellow ends with these two grey ends to fit the madela swing machine
• 2. Insert grey end of tubing into Medela Swing, and the 2 beige connectors into the breastshields. Some reduction of pumping strength will occur - adjust the power setting on the pump accordingly.
3. Please replace one yellow end (the side that connect to swing pump) with one orange connector provided
Note: This product is NOT manufactured by Medela.
1. Will the suction suffer?
The Medela Swing motor comes with 11 steps of power settings from 0 to 11, while step 0 being the weakest and 10 being the strongest (about -250 mmHg). Most breastfeeding women do not use the strongest power to express milk as it is not comfortable. Most of them use the power setting between 4 and 7 when using single-sided pumping.Tests found pumping on both sides will require the motor to turn up by 2-3 steps to achieve the same suction power as doing the single sided pumping. Since the majority of breastfeeding women do not use the highest setting on Medela Swing Pump when doing the single-sided pumping, they just need to turn up the power of the motor to 6-10 for double pumping. Also, once the breast is in the “expression” mode, it does not require much suction to “let down” the milk.
2. What other accessories do I need to convert to double pump?
You need additional valve, membrane, connector and shield.
3. Can I use PISA connector instead of the connector that come with Swing?
Yes, you can use either the Swing/ Harmony connector, or PISA connector, or the standard breastshield. The tubing can fit all these connectors:
- Swing/harmony connector
- PISA connector
- Standard Breastshield
Product in made in Taiwan
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!